Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"Hey, man...don't trivialize my trivialization."

(disclaimer: this is my first attempt to blog with photos. and they aren't very good ones. humor me.)

For me, a good trip to Galesburg has many expectations. It's as if the town is a person, and there are things that I do to reacquaint myself; some from habit, some for nostalgia's sake, and many just because I like to be by myself so much. I usually spend a few hours at Innkeepers reading, writing, and people watching. Ditto Lake Storey (with the bonus of lightening bugs!). I like to drive around, listening to WVKC and the bricks hum beneath the tires of a car. I take a bike ride to Bracken, past Conner's parents' farm.

At any rate, a solid trip starts with 12 hours of this:














.


Inevitably ends up stopped at a few of these:













.



If I'm lucky, time for a few of these:













.




As of late, it's definitely included some of this:














.


Always a walk to this place:














.

















But the majority of my time is spent right here:













.


Coming or going, this always stirs some thoughts:













.


This trip included the highlight of seeing this little guy (Ian Matthew King):

3 comments:

Micah D.L. said...

nice ride, man. nice ride.

Phillip and Karla said...

I ♥ your picture stories. -Karla

The word verification for this: Cohnes. No joke!

Keri said...

Love all the Burg pics!!!!!
Hope you had a great time at the reunion.
Miss ya