Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"And then Julie Andrews showed up, deer ate from your hand, and you all sang 'If I Had a Hammer'..."

Everything I've found comfort in is now foreign.
The adventure I've ever longed for now intimidates me.
What then, do I desire?
What do I hope to accomplish?

desire
accomplish
words so full of ambition
i dare not even define
let alone entertain

A dear heart asks, "Why was it hard?"
Seconds pass. The only answer; not fully formed, "I'm not ready."
"I know."

"Nothing wrong with my organs, this was emotional clap. I had to keep my heart to myself in case I infected somebody."

3 comments:

Phillip and Karla said...

i wanted to comment on this a couple days ago, but still don't know what to say. let's chat.

Sarah and Kieran said...

hi friend. i saw your wall post about the parts house matches. haha too funny! i'll give you some more next time i see you. will you be home for thanksgiving?

Keri said...

Hey Jill,
Just came across your blog.
Good to know you are still alive!!
Hope all is well with you.

Take care,
Keri